Dollar-cost averaging through an automatic investing program offers investors an alternative approach, allowing them to enter the market gradually—and perhaps with less risk. It also enables investors to invest in the market without trying to ‘time’ their buys and sells, which is difficult for even the most seasoned investor.
Why Dollar-Cost Average?
- Helps take the fear and guesswork out of investing
- Provides a disciplined, systematic way to build wealth
- Helps spread your investment risk over time
- May lower your average share cost in the long term
Automatic Asset Builder
Put your savings on auto-pilot. You pick the frequency, date and amount to invest ($100 minimum) and we'll automatically transfer the funds into your Dreyfus account. No more checks to write, no stamps or trips to the post office.
Already have a Dreyfus fund account? Download this form (PDF: 57 KB), complete it and mail it to us.
If you'd like to open a new Dreyfus fund account and set up Automatic Asset Builder, download or order a new account kit and when filling out the new account application, be sure to complete the section for Dreyfus Automatic Asset Builder.
Dreyfus Dividend Sweep
Allows you to make regular investments in one Dreyfus account by automatically having the dividends and/or capital gains (if any) invested in another Dreyfus account with the same registration. Download the form.
The Dreyfus Direct Deposit program enables you to enjoy the convenience, safety and financial benefits of having your pay, Social Security, pension check or tax refund directly deposited into your Dreyfus mutual fund account ($100 minimum). You'll have peace of mind knowing that your money is in your account — and available to you on its scheduled payment day — without the hassle or expense of mailing your investment.
To Sign Up
- For Social Security checks , government pension, military pay or retirement, federal salary, veterans' benefits or most other recurring U.S. government payments, contact us or speak with your financial advisor to obtain detailed instructions regarding Dreyfus Government Direct Deposit Privilege.
- For payroll or pension checks, contact us or speak with your financial advisor to receive a short sign-up form; just complete it, give it to your employer or check provider to include their information, and mail it back to Dreyfus. Dreyfus will return the completed form to your employer who is responsible for initiating the direct deposit.
- For a tax refund, contact us, or call us at 1-800-645-6561 to get detailed instructions on how to have your tax refund directly deposited into your Dreyfus account.
Sign up for Direct Deposit today by calling 1-800-645-6561. It's one more way Dreyfus can help make it easier for you to manage your investments today — and reach your financial goals tomorrow.
Automatic investment programs may not be available for all funds or account registrations. Regular investing does not guarantee a profit or protect against loss in declining markets. You should consider your ability to continue making investments in down markets before engaging in a regular investment plan.
Download a prospectus for more complete information on any Dreyfus fund, including management fees, charges, expenses, and share classes, as applicable. Please read it carefully before you invest.