|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||Fayez Sarofim & Co.|
|Inception Date||July 15, 1993|
|Total Assets||Class A (as of 10/21/16): $389,460,808.10
Portfolio (as of 10/21/16): $591,435,912.15
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Quarterly (5, 8, 11, 12),
Distributed Quarterly (5, 8, 11, 12),
Paid Quarterly (5, 8, 11, 12)
|Fiscal Year End||Oct 31|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 09/30/16
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|with Sales Charge Max Sales Charge: 5.75% Front-End|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions 2|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions and Sales of Fund Shares 3|
|MSCI World Index 4|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance.
After-tax returns are calculated using the highest historical individual federal marginal income tax rates, and do not reflect the impact of state and local taxes. Actual after-tax returns depend on an investor's tax situation and may differ from those shown here and are not relevant to investors who hold their fund shares through tax-deferred arrangements such as 401(k) plans or individual retirement accounts. A fund's past performance, both before and after taxes, is not indicative of its future performance. For funds which offer more than one class of shares, after-tax returns are shown for only one share class and after-tax returns for other share classes will vary.
Morningstar Rating 5
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class A shares among 953 funds in the World Stock category as of 09/30/16. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 09/30/16 the fund received 2, 2, and 4 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 953, 735 and 425 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
as of 10/21/16
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
Dreyfus Investment Style 6
<p>The fund seeks long-term capital appreciation consistent with the preservation of capital; current income is a secondary goal. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Investors should consider, when deciding whether to purchase a particular class of shares, the investment amount, anticipated holding period and other relevant factors, and should read the prospectus carefully.
- Pre-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor held shares throughout the measurement period(s) and reflect the effect of taxable distributions (assuming reinvestment in the fund) by a fund to its shareholders.
- Post-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor sold shares at the end of the measurement period(s) and, therefore, reflect the effect of both taxable distributions and any taxable gain or loss realized by the shareholder upon sale of fund shares.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends, and where applicable, capital gains distributions. The MSCI World Index is a free float-adjusted, market capitalization-weighted index that is designed to measure the equity market performance of developed markets, including the United States, Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and the Far East.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's investment style and market capitalization range for stocks in the fund's portfolio, respectively. It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.