|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||
|Inception Date||August 18, 1992|
|Total Assets||Class D (as of 06/27/16): $195,141,738.77
Portfolio (as of 06/27/16): $195,455,788.58
|Minimum Initial Investment||$2,500|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Daily,
|Fiscal Year End||Jul 31|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 03/31/16
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|BofA Merrill Lynch 1-5 Year Corporate/Government Index 2|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Yield, share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance
Morningstar Rating 3
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class D shares among 497 funds in the Short-Term Bond category as of 05/31/16. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 05/31/16 the fund received 2, 3, and 3 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 497, 409 and 287 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
Daily Statistics 4
as of 06/28/16
Subsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 06/28/16
Unsubsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 06/28/16
as of 06/28/16
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||0.65% 5|
Dreyfus Investment Style 6
The fund seeks to maximize total return, consisting of capital appreciation and current income. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return, yield, and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Investors should consider, when deciding whether to purchase a particular class of shares, the investment amount, anticipated holding period and other relevant factors, and should read the prospectus carefully.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects investments of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Merrill Lynch 1-5 Year Corporate/Government Index is an unmanaged total return performance benchmark including U.S. Government and fixed-coupon domestic investment-grade corporate bonds with maturities greater than or equal to one year and less than five years.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- Subsidized yield may reflect the waiver of receipt of a portion of the management fee, and/or a reimbursement of the fund expenses by the Dreyfus Corporation, which would have had the effect of lowering the fund's expense ratio and generating a higher yield.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has contractually agreed, until December 1, 2016, to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the expenses of the fund so that the expenses of none of the classes (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder services fees, taxes, interest, brokerage commissions, commitment fees on borrowings and extraordinary expenses) exceed 0.45%.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's general credit quality focus (High: AAA/AA; Medium: A/BBB; Low: Below BBB) and weighted average maturity in years (Short: <4; Intermediate 4-10; Long: >10). It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.