A BNY MELLON COMPANY

Dreyfus AMT-Free Municipal Bond Fund

  • Ticker: DRMBX
  • Product Code: 0125
  • CUSIP: 261969307
Share Class:

Fund Goal and Approach

The fund seeks as high a level of current income exempt from federal income tax as is consistent with the preservation of capital. To pursue this goal, the fund normally invests substantially all of its assets in municipal bonds that provide income exempt from federal income tax. The fund also seeks to provide income exempt from the federal alternative minimum tax. The dollarweighted average maturity of the fund's portfolio normally exceeds ten years, but the fund may invest without regard to maturity. The fund invests at least 65% of its assets in municipal bonds with an A or higher credit rating, or the unrated equivalent as determined by Dreyfus. The remaining 35% of the fund's assets may be invested in municipal bonds with a credit quality lower than A, including high yield ("junk") bonds.

Risks

Bond Risk: Bonds are subject generally to interest rate, credit, liquidity, call and market risks, to varying degrees. Generally, all other factors being equal, bond prices are inversely related to interest-rate changes and rate increases can cause price declines.

Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.

Choose a date range

Quick Links