Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
The fund's investment adviser is The Dreyfus Corporation (Dreyfus). Dreyfus has engaged Hamon Asian Advisors Limited (Hamon) to serve as the fund's sub-investment adviser. Hamon, subject to Dreyfus' supervision and approval, provides investment advisory assistance and research and the day-to-day management of the fund's investments. The fund is team-managed by Hugh Simon, Raymond Chan and William Liu. Mr. Simon is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Hamon and has been a portfolio manager of the fund since the fund's inception. Mr. Chan is the Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer of Hamon and Mr. Liu is a portfolio manager for Hamon. Mr. Chan and Mr. Liu have been employed by Hamon since 2011 and 2010, respectively. Messrs. Chan and Liu have been portfolio managers of the Fund since July 2011.
Top Holdings 2
|China State Construction||6.35%|
|China Cinda Asset Manage||5.58%|
|China Medical System Hld||5.41%|
|Chongqing Changan Cl B||5.30%|
|Avichina Industry -H||5.18%|
|Spt Energy Group Inc||4.42%|
|Baidu - Spon Adr||4.01%|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 01/31/14 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- The holdings listed should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell a security. Large concentrations can increase share price volatility.
- Price/earnings for a stock is the ratio of the company's most recent month-end share price to the company's estimated earnings per share (EPS) for the current fiscal year. If a third-party estimate for the current year EPS is not available, Morningstar will calculate an internal estimate based on the most recently reported EPS and average historical earnings growth rates. Price/ earnings is one of the five value factors used to calculate the Morningstar Style Box. For portfolios, this historical P/E data point is calculated by taking an asset-weighted average of the earnings yields (E/P) of all the stocks in the portfolio and then taking the reciprocal of the result. Source: Morningstar
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar