Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
The fund's investment adviser is The Dreyfus Corporation (Dreyfus). Dreyfus has engaged its affiliate, Alcentra NY, LLC (Alcentra), to serve as the fund's subadviser. William Lemberg and Chris Barris are the fund's primary portfolio managers, positions they have held since the fund's inception. Mr. Lemberg is the fund's primary portfolio manager principally responsible for floating rate loans and other floating rate securities. He is a managing director, senior portfolio manager and head of Alcentra's U.S. loan platform. Mr. Barris is the fund's primary portfolio manager principally responsible for high yield fixed rate securities. He is a managing director, senior portfolio manager and head of global high yield at Alcentra.
|Benchmark 3||S&P LSTA Leveraged Loan Index|
|Number of Holdings||337
as of 12/31/16
|Portfolio Turnover Rate||66.45%
as of fiscal year end 08/31/16
|Average Effective Duration 4||0.3 Years
as of 12/31/16
|Average Effective Maturity||5.2 Years
as of 12/31/16
|as of 12/31/16|
|R Squared 5||0.21|
|Standard Deviation 7||2.81|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 12/31/16 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- Bonds rated BBB/Baa or higher are considered investment grade, while bonds rated BB/Ba or lower are considered speculative as to the timely payment of principal and interest. Credit ratings reflect only those assigned by S&P, Moody's, and/or Fitch. Split-rated bonds, if any, are reported in the higher rating category.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The S&P/LSTA Leveraged Loan Index is a broad index designed to reflect the performance of U.S. dollar facilities in the leveraged loan market.
- Duration is a measure of volatility expressed in years. The higher the number, the greater the potential for volatility as interest rates change.
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar