Fund Goal and Approach
The fund seeks as high a level of current income exempt from federal income tax as is consistent with the preservation of capital.
Accordingly, the fund normally invests substantially all of its assets in municipal bonds that provide income exempt from federal income tax and seeks to provide income exempt from the federal alternative minimum tax. The fund invests at least 65% of its assets in municipal bonds with an A or higher credit rating. The remaining 35% of its assets may be invested in municipal bonds with a credit quality lower than A, including high yield ('junk') bonds.
Bond Risk: Bonds are subject generally to interest rate, credit, liquidity, call and market risks, to varying degrees. Generally, all other factors being equal, bond prices are inversely related to interest-rate changes and rate increases can cause price declines.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.