Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
The investment adviser for the fund is The Boston Company Asset Management, LLC (TBCAM). The fund's administrator is The Dreyfus Corporation (Dreyfus). Dreyfus and TBCAM are wholly owned subsidiaries of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Joseph M. Corrado, CFA, Stephanie K. Brandaleone, CFA, and Edward R. Walter, CFA, are the fund's primary portfolio managers, positions they have held since the fund commenced investing directly in portfolio securities in 2007. Mr. Corrado and Ms. Brandaleone were the primary portfolio managers of the master portfolio (and its predecessor fund) since February 2000. Mr. Corrado is a senior managing director and portfolio manager for the U.S. small-cap value equity strategy at TBCAM, where he has been employed since 2003. Ms. Brandaleone is a director, portfolio manager for the U.S. smallcap value strategy and investment research analyst at TBCAM, where she has been employed since 2003. Mr. Walter is a managing director, portfolio manager for the U.S. small-cap value equity strategy and investment research analyst at TBCAM, where he has been employed since 2003.
Top Holdings 2
|Service Corporation International||2.06%|
|First Republic Bank||1.97%|
|Casey's General Stores||1.97%|
|Bank Of Hawaii||1.92%|
|Wellcare Health Plans||1.79%|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 05/31/16 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- The holdings listed should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell a security. Large concentrations can increase share price volatility.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Russell 2500 Value Index is an unmanaged index, which measures the performance of those Russell 2500 companies with lower price-to-book ratios and lower forecasted growth values.
- Price/earnings for a stock is the ratio of the company's most recent month-end share price to the company's estimated earnings per share (EPS) for the current fiscal year. If a third-party estimate for the current year EPS is not available, Morningstar will calculate an internal estimate based on the most recently reported EPS and average historical earnings growth rates. Price/ earnings is one of the five value factors used to calculate the Morningstar Style Box. For portfolios, this historical P/E data point is calculated by taking an asset-weighted average of the earnings yields (E/P) of all the stocks in the portfolio and then taking the reciprocal of the result. Source: Morningstar
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar