|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||Patricia A. Larkin|
|Inception Date||April 06, 1987|
|Total Assets||Class Z (as of 02/22/17): $78,096,066.31
Portfolio (as of 02/22/17): $110,403,228.27
|Minimum Initial Investment||No Minimum|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||No Minimum|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Daily,
|Fiscal Year End||Nov 30|
|Fund Status||Class Z shares are closed to new accounts.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 12/31/16
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|BofA Merrill Lynch 3-Month US Treasury Bill Index 2|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Yield, share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance
Morningstar Rating 3
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class Z shares among 131 funds in the Ultrashort Bond category as of 01/31/17. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 01/31/17 the fund received 1, 1, and 4 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 131, 91 and 52 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
Daily Statistics 4
as of 02/22/17
Subsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 02/22/17
Unsubsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 02/22/17
as of 02/22/17
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||0.47% 5|
Dreyfus Investment Style 6
The fund seeks high current income consistent with the maintenance of liquidity and low volatility of principal. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return, yield, and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Investors should consider, when deciding whether to purchase a particular class of shares, the investment amount, anticipated holding period and other relevant factors, and should read the prospectus carefully.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The BofA Merrill Lynch US 3-Month Treasury Bill Index is comprised of a single issue purchased at the beginning of the month and held for a full month. At the end of the month that issue is sold and rolled into a newly selected issue. The issue selected at each month-end rebalancing is the outstanding Treasury Bill that matures closest to, but not beyond, three months from the rebalancing date. To qualify for selection, an issue must have settled on or before the month-end rebalancing date. While the index will often hold the Treasury Bill issued at the most recent 3-month auction, it is also possible for a seasoned 6-month Bill to be selected.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- Subsidized yield may reflect the waiver of receipt of a portion of the management fee, and/or a reimbursement of the fund expenses by the Dreyfus Corporation, which would have had the effect of lowering the fund's expense ratio and generating a higher yield.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has contractually agreed to waive receipt of a portion of its management fees in the amount of .05% of the value of the fund's average daily net assets until April 1, 2018. The Dreyfus Corporation has contractually agreed, until April 1, 2017, to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the direct expenses attributable to Class D and Class Z shares of the fund so that the total fund operating expenses of Class D and Class Z (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder service fees, taxes, interest, brokerage commissions, commitment fees on borrowings and extraordinary expenses) do not exceed .35%.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's general credit quality focus (High: AAA/AA; Medium: A/BBB; Low: Below BBB) and weighted average maturity in years (Short: <4; Intermediate 4-10; Long: >10). It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.