|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||
|Inception Date||October 31, 2002|
|Total Assets (000s)||Investor Shares (as of 03/07/14): $28,703
Portfolio (as of 03/07/14): $241,812
|Minimum Initial Investment||$10,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Daily,
|Fiscal Year End||Jul 31|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 12/31/13
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|Barclays U.S. Treasury Inflation Protected Securities Index 2|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Yield, share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance
Morningstar Rating 3
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Investor Shares shares among 185 funds in the Inflation-Protected Bond category as of 01/31/14. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 01/31/14 the fund received 3, 3, and 3 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 185, 148 and 51 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
Daily Statistics 4
as of 03/07/14
as of 03/07/14
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
Dreyfus Investment Style 5
The fund seeks returns that exceed the rate of inflation. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return, yield, and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects investments of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Barclays U.S. Treasury Inflation Protected Securities Index is a sub-index of the U.S. Treasury component of the Barclays U.S. Government Index. Securities in the Barclays U.S. Treasury Inflation Protected Securities Index are dollar-denominated, non-convertible, publicly-issued, fixed-rate, investment-grade (Moodys Baa3 or better) U.S. Treasury inflation notes, with at least one year to final maturity and at least $100 million par amount outstanding.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- Subsidized yield may reflect the waiver of receipt of a portion of the management fee, and/or a reimbursement of the fund expenses by the Dreyfus Corporation, which would have had the effect of lowering the fund's expense ratio and generating a higher yield.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's general credit quality focus (High: AAA/AA; Medium: A/BBB; Low: Below BBB) and weighted average maturity in years (Short: <4; Intermediate 4-10; Long: >10). It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.