|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||
|Inception Date||April 30, 1987|
|Total Assets (000s)||Class D (as of 05/22/15): $325,271
Portfolio (as of 05/22/15): $406,488
|Minimum Initial Investment||$2,500|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Daily,
|Fiscal Year End||Mar 31|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 03/31/15
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|Barclays 3-Year Municipal Bond Index 3|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Yield, share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance
Morningstar Rating 4
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class D shares among 179 funds in the Municipal National Short category as of 04/30/15. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 04/30/15 the fund received 3, 3, and 3 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 179, 155 and 111 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
Daily Statistics 5
as of 05/22/15
Subsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 05/22/15
Unsubsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 05/22/15
as of 05/22/15
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||0.59% 6|
Dreyfus Investment Style 7
The fund seeks to maximize current income exempt from federal income tax to the extent consistent with the preservation of capital. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Effective 3/12/03, the fund converted to a multiclass structure and outstanding shares on such date were reclassified as Class D shares.
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return, yield, and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Investors should consider, when deciding whether to purchase a particular class of shares, the investment amount, anticipated holding period and other relevant factors, and should read the prospectus carefully.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects investments of dividends and, where applicable, capital gains. The Barclays 3-Year Municipal Bond Index is an unmanaged total return performance benchmark for the investment-grade, geographically unrestricted 3-year tax-exempt bond market, consisting of municipal bonds with maturities of 2-4 years.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- Subsidized yield may reflect the waiver of receipt of a portion of the management fee, and/or a reimbursement of the fund expenses by the Dreyfus Corporation, which would have had the effect of lowering the fund's expense ratio and generating a higher yield.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has contractually agreed, until August 1, 2015, to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the expenses of the fund so that the expenses of none of the classes (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder services fees & interest on borrowings) exceed 0.49%.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's general credit quality focus (High: AAA/AA; Medium: A/BBB; Low: Below BBB) and weighted average maturity in years (Short: <4; Intermediate 4-10; Long: >10). It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.