Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
Nancy Rogers and Zandra Zelaya, CFA are the funds primary portfolio managers, positions they have held since February 2010 and January 2013, respectively. Ms. Rogers is a Director, Senior Portfolio Manager and Team Leader at Mellon Capital Management Corporation (Mellon Capital), an affiliate of Dreyfus, which she joined in January 2013. She has been employed by Dreyfus since October 2007 and has been with BNY Mellon for 22 years. Ms. Zelaya is a Director and Senior Portfolio Manager of fixed income at Mellon Capital and is responsible for passive fixed income portfolios. Ms. Zelaya has been with Mellon Capital for 15 years and also has been employed by Dreyfus since January 2013. Ms. Rogers and Ms. Zelaya manage the fund as employees of Dreyfus.
|Benchmark 3||Barclays U.S. Aggregate Index|
|Number of Holdings||1962
as of 01/31/14
|Portfolio Turnover Rate||94.21%
as of fiscal year end 10/31/13
|Average Effective Duration 4||5.5 Years
as of 01/31/14
|Average Effective Maturity||7.5 Years
as of 01/31/14
|as of 01/31/14|
|R Squared 5||99.45|
|Standard Deviation 7||2.85|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 01/31/14 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- Bonds rated BBB/Baa or higher are considered investment grade, while bonds rated BB/Ba or lower are considered speculative as to the timely payment of principal and interest. Credit ratings reflect only those assigned by S&P, Moody's, and/or Fitch. Split-rated bonds, if any, are reported in the higher rating category.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects investments of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Barclays U.S. Aggregate Index is a widely accepted, unmanaged total return index of corporate, government and government-agency debt instruments, mortgage-backed securities and asset-backed securities with an average maturity of 1-10 years.
- Duration is a measure of volatility expressed in years. The higher the number, the greater the potential for volatility as interest rates change.
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar