|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||The Dreyfus Corporation|
|Inception Date||September 30, 1993|
|Total Assets||Portfolio (as of 04/29/16): $2,146,393.65|
|Minimum Initial Investment||$10,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Quarterly (5, 8, 11, 12),
Distributed Quarterly (5, 8, 11, 12),
Paid Quarterly (5, 8, 11, 12)
|Fiscal Year End||Oct 31|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 03/31/16
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|Return Before Taxes|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions 2|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions and Sales of Fund Shares 3|
|S&P 500(r) Index 4|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance.
After-tax returns are calculated using the highest historical individual federal marginal income tax rates, and do not reflect the impact of state and local taxes. Actual after-tax returns depend on an investor's tax situation and may differ from those shown here and are not relevant to investors who hold their fund shares through tax-deferred arrangements such as 401(k) plans or individual retirement accounts. A fund's past performance, both before and after taxes, is not indicative of its future performance. For funds which offer more than one class of shares, after-tax returns are shown for only one share class and after-tax returns for other share classes will vary.
Morningstar Rating 5
Morningstar Overall Rating™ among 1398 funds in the Large Blend category as of 03/31/16. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 03/31/16 the fund received 4, 4, and 4 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 1398, 1225 and 893 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
as of 04/29/16
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
Dreyfus Investment Style 6
The fund seeks to match the total return of the Standard & Poor's 500® Composite Stock Price Index (S&P 500®). View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Nominal transaction fees apply unless the account balance is more than $50,000.
- Pre-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor held shares throughout the measurement period(s) and reflect the effect of taxable distributions (assuming reinvestment in the fund) by a fund to its shareholders.
- Post-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor sold shares at the end of the measurement period(s) and, therefore, reflect the effect of both taxable distributions and any taxable gain or loss realized by the shareholder upon sale of fund shares.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Standard & Poor's 500 (S&P 500) Composite Stock Price Index is a widely accepted, unmanaged index of U.S. stock market performance.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's investment style and market capitalization range for stocks in the fund's portfolio, respectively. It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.
“Standard & Poor’s®”, “S&P®”, “Standard & Poor’s 500™” and “S&P 500®” are trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“Standard & Poor’s”) and have been licensed for use by the fund. The fund is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Standard & Poor’s and Standard & Poor’s does not make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in the fund.