Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
The fund's investment adviser is The Dreyfus Corporation (Dreyfus). Keith Stransky is the fund's primary asset allocation portfolio manager, a position he has held since March 2007. Mr. Stransky is the Chief Investment Officer (Traditional) and a Senior Portfolio Manager for EACM Advisors LLC, an affiliate of Dreyfus. Brian Ferguson and Sean Fitzgibbon are the fund's primary equity portfolio managers, positions they have held since March 2007. Mr. Ferguson is a Senior Managing Director and Director of the U.S. Large Cap Value Equity Team of The Boston Company Asset Management, LLC (TBCAM), an affiliate of Dreyfus. Mr. Fitzgibbon is a Senior Managing Director, portfolio manager and head of the Global Core Equity Team of TBCAM. David Bowser and David Horsfall are the fund's primary fixed-income portfolio managers, positions they have held since March 2008 and June 2012, respectively. Mr. Bowser is Director of Active Fixed Income and a Senior Portfolio Manager at Standish Mellon Asset Management Company LLC (Standish), a subsidiary of BNY Mellon and an affiliate of Dreyfus. Mr. Horsfall is Deputy Chief Investment Officer and a Senior Portfolio Manager at Standish, responsible for overseeing the management of all single and multi-sector active fixed-income portfolios and strategies. Each portfolio manager is also an employee of Dreyfus.
Top Holdings 2
|U.S. Treasury Note 0.75% 01/15/2017||4.06%|
|Exxon Mobil Corp||2.71%|
|Occidental Petroleum Corp||2.33%|
|U.S. Treasury Note 0.25% 12/31/2015||2.22%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co.||1.95%|
|Us Tsy Inflation Ix 0.125% 04/15/2018||1.72%|
|Bank Of America||1.71%|
|Merck & Co.||1.58%|
|Berkshire Hathaway, Cl. B||1.44%|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 03/31/14 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- The holdings listed should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell a security. Large concentrations can increase share price volatility.
- Price/earnings for a stock is the ratio of the company's most recent month-end share price to the company's estimated earnings per share (EPS) for the current fiscal year. If a third-party estimate for the current year EPS is not available, Morningstar will calculate an internal estimate based on the most recently reported EPS and average historical earnings growth rates. Price/ earnings is one of the five value factors used to calculate the Morningstar Style Box. For portfolios, this historical P/E data point is calculated by taking an asset-weighted average of the earnings yields (E/P) of all the stocks in the portfolio and then taking the reciprocal of the result. Source: Morningstar
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar