|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||
|Inception Date||July 05, 2006|
|Total Assets (000s)||Class C (as of 07/30/15): $17,775
Portfolio (as of 07/30/15): $261,441
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Monthly,
|Fiscal Year End||May 31|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 06/30/15
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|with Sales Charge Max Sales Charge: 1.00% CDSC|
|S&P 500(r) Index 2|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance.
Morningstar Rating 3
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class C shares among 1185 funds in the Large Value category as of 06/30/15. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 06/30/15 the fund received 2 and 3 stars for the 3- and 5-year periods out of 1185 and 1045 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
as of 07/30/15
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||1.85% 4|
Dreyfus Investment Style 5
The fund seeks total return (consisting of capital appreciation and income). View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Investors should consider, when deciding whether to purchase a particular class of shares, the investment amount, anticipated holding period and other relevant factors, and should read the prospectus carefully.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Standard & Poor's 500 (S&P 500) Composite Stock Price Index is a widely accepted, unmanaged index of U.S. stock market performance.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has contractually agreed to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the expenses of the fund, until October 1, 2015, so that annual direct fund operating expenses (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder services fees, taxes, brokerage commissions, commitment fees on borrowings and extraordinary expenses) do not exceed .85% of the fund┐s average daily net assets.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's investment style and market capitalization range for stocks in the fund's portfolio, respectively. It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.