Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
The fund's investment adviser is The Dreyfus Corporation, and the fund's subadvisers are The Boston Company Asset Management, LLC (TBCAM) and Mellon Capital Management Corporation (Mellon Capital).The day-to-day management of the portion of the fund's portfolio managed by TBCAM is the responsibility of the global research team of TBCAM. The team members are Elizabeth Slover, Michelle Y. Chan, CFA, and Julianne McHugh. Ms. Slover is a senior managing director at TBCAM and is the director of TBCAM's global research team. Ms. Chan is a director at TBCAM and a senior research analyst on TBCAM's global research team. Ms. McHugh is a director at TBCAM and a senior research analyst on TBCAM's global research team.The day-to-day management of the portion of the fund's portfolio managed by Mellon Capital is the responsibility of William S. Cazalet, CAIA, Ronald P. Gala, CFA and Peter D. Goslin, CFA. Messrs. Gala and Goslin have each served as primary portfolio managers of the fund since January 2014 and Mr. Cazalet has served as primary portfolio manager of the fund since February 2015. Mr. Cazalet is a managing director and head of active equity strategies at Mellon Capital. Mr. Gala is a managing director and senior portfolio manager at Mellon Capital. Mr. Goslin is a director and senior portfolio manager at Mellon Capital.
Top Holdings 2
|Dreyfus Global Emerging Markets, Cl. Y||35.11%|
|Dreyfus Strategic Beta Emerging Markets, Cl. Y||8.48%|
|Alibaba Group Holding, ADR||1.56%|
|IShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF||1.15%|
|Bank Of China, Cl. H||1.10%|
|China Construction Bank, Cl. H||1.02%|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 11/30/16 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- The holdings listed should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell a security. Large concentrations can increase share price volatility.
- Price/earnings for a stock is the ratio of the company's most recent month-end share price to the company's estimated earnings per share (EPS) for the current fiscal year. If a third-party estimate for the current year EPS is not available, Morningstar will calculate an internal estimate based on the most recently reported EPS and average historical earnings growth rates. Price/ earnings is one of the five value factors used to calculate the Morningstar Style Box. For portfolios, this historical P/E data point is calculated by taking an asset-weighted average of the earnings yields (E/P) of all the stocks in the portfolio and then taking the reciprocal of the result. Source: Morningstar
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar