|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||
|Inception Date||November 02, 1992|
|Total Assets||Class I (as of 05/27/16): $220,018,419.51
Portfolio (as of 05/27/16): $227,285,624.00
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Daily,
|Fiscal Year End||Sep 30|
|Fund Status||Not available for purchase by individual investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 03/31/16
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|Return Before Taxes|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions 2|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions and Sales of Fund Shares 3|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Yield, share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance
After-tax returns are calculated using the highest historical individual federal marginal income tax rates, and do not reflect the impact of state and local taxes. Actual after-tax returns depend on an investor's tax situation and may differ from those shown here and are not relevant to investors who hold their fund shares through tax-deferred arrangements such as 401(k) plans or individual retirement accounts. A fund's past performance, both before and after taxes, is not indicative of its future performance. For funds which offer more than one class of shares, after-tax returns are shown for only one share class and after-tax returns for other share classes will vary.
Morningstar Rating 4
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class I shares among 306 funds in the Municipal National Intermediate category as of 04/30/16. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 04/30/16 the fund received 3, 2, and 3 stars for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods out of 306, 253 and 174 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
Daily Statistics 5
as of 05/27/16
Subsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 05/27/16
Unsubsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 05/27/16
as of 05/27/16
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||0.45% 6|
Dreyfus Investment Style 7
The fund seeks high after-tax total return. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return, yield, and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption.
- Pre-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor held shares throughout the measurement period(s) and reflect the effect of taxable distributions (assuming reinvestment in the fund) by a fund to its shareholders.
- Post-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor sold shares at the end of the measurement period(s) and, therefore, reflect the effect of both taxable distributions and any taxable gain or loss realized by the shareholder upon sale of fund shares.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- Subsidized yield may reflect the waiver of receipt of a portion of the management fee, and/or a reimbursement of the fund expenses by the Dreyfus Corporation, which would have had the effect of lowering the fund's expense ratio and generating a higher yield.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has agreed, until February 1, 2017, to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the expenses of the fund so that the direct expenses of the classes (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder services fees, taxes, interest, brokerage commissions, acquired fund fees and extraordinary expenses) do not exceed .45%.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's general credit quality focus (High: AAA/AA; Medium: A/BBB; Low: Below BBB) and weighted average maturity in years (Short: <4; Intermediate 4-10; Long: >10). It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.