|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||
|Inception Date||March 31, 2009|
|Total Assets||Class A (as of 02/17/17): $15,065,893.37
Portfolio (as of 02/17/17): $250,388,390.67
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Daily,
|Fiscal Year End||Sep 30|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 12/31/16
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|with Sales Charge Max Sales Charge: 4.50% Front-End|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions 3|
|Return After Taxes on Distributions and Sales of Fund Shares 4|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Yield, share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance
After-tax returns are calculated using the highest historical individual federal marginal income tax rates, and do not reflect the impact of state and local taxes. Actual after-tax returns depend on an investor's tax situation and may differ from those shown here and are not relevant to investors who hold their fund shares through tax-deferred arrangements such as 401(k) plans or individual retirement accounts. A fund's past performance, both before and after taxes, is not indicative of its future performance. For funds which offer more than one class of shares, after-tax returns are shown for only one share class and after-tax returns for other share classes will vary.
Daily Statistics 5
as of 02/17/17
Subsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 02/17/17
Unsubsidized 30-Day Yield
as of 02/17/17
as of 02/17/17
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||0.70% 6|
Dreyfus Investment Style 7
The fund seeks high after-tax total return. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- For share classes offered after the fund's inception date, the total returns quoted reflect the performance of the fund's initial share class(es), adjusted to reflect applicable non-recurring sales charges. Performance for these share classes has not been adjusted to reflect any class-specific distribution or servicing fees or any differences in operating expenses. Had such fees and expenses been reflected, returns for these share class returns during such periods would have been lower.
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return, yield, and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption.
- Pre-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor held shares throughout the measurement period(s) and reflect the effect of taxable distributions (assuming reinvestment in the fund) by a fund to its shareholders.
- Post-liquidation, after-tax returns assume an investor sold shares at the end of the measurement period(s) and, therefore, reflect the effect of both taxable distributions and any taxable gain or loss realized by the shareholder upon sale of fund shares.
- Subsidized yield may reflect the waiver of receipt of a portion of the management fee, and/or a reimbursement of the fund expenses by the Dreyfus Corporation, which would have had the effect of lowering the fund's expense ratio and generating a higher yield.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has agreed, until February 1, 2018, to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the expenses of the fund so that the direct expenses of the classes (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder services fees, taxes, interest, brokerage commissions, acquired fund fees and extraordinary expenses) do not exceed .45%.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's general credit quality focus (High: AAA/AA; Medium: A/BBB; Low: Below BBB) and weighted average maturity in years (Short: <4; Intermediate 4-10; Long: >10). It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.