Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser
The fund's investment adviser is The Dreyfus Corporation (Dreyfus). Joseph M. Corrado, CFA, Stephanie K. Brandaleone, CFA, and Jonathan J. Piskorowski, CFA, are the fund's primary portfolio managers, positions they have held since February 2000, February 2000 and October 2014, respectively. Mr. Corrado is a senior managing director and lead portfolio manager for the U.S. Small Cap Value and U.S. Small Mid Cap Value strategies at The Boston Company Asset Management, LLC (TBCAM), an affiliate of Dreyfus. Ms. Brandaleone is a director, portfolio manager and investment research analyst for the U.S. Small Cap Value and U.S. Small Mid Cap Value strategies at TBCAM. Mr. Piskorowski is a director and portfolio manager for the U.S. Small Cap Core strategy and investment research analyst for the U.S. Small Cap Value and U.S. Small Mid Cap Value strategies at TBCAM. Messrs. Corrado and Piskorowski and Ms. Brandaleone manage the fund as employees of Dreyfus. TBCAM investment professionals manage Dreyfus-managed funds pursuant to a dual-employee arrangement, under Dreyfus' supervision, and apply their firm's proprietary investment process in managing the funds.
Top Holdings 2
|United Natural Foods||1.86%|
|E.W. Scripps, Cl. A||1.29%|
|Pebblebrook Hotel Trust||1.26%|
|Boston Beer, Cl. A||1.11%|
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- Portfolio composition and allocation is as of 07/31/16 and is subject to change at any time. Totals may not be exact due to rounding. Negative exposures may represent short positions through derivatives.
- The holdings listed should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell a security. Large concentrations can increase share price volatility.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gain distributions. The Russell 2000 Value Index is an unmanaged index, which measures the performance of those Russell 2000 companies with lower price-to-book ratios and lower forecasted growth values.
- Price/earnings for a stock is the ratio of the company's most recent month-end share price to the company's estimated earnings per share (EPS) for the current fiscal year. If a third-party estimate for the current year EPS is not available, Morningstar will calculate an internal estimate based on the most recently reported EPS and average historical earnings growth rates. Price/ earnings is one of the five value factors used to calculate the Morningstar Style Box. For portfolios, this historical P/E data point is calculated by taking an asset-weighted average of the earnings yields (E/P) of all the stocks in the portfolio and then taking the reciprocal of the result. Source: Morningstar
- Reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in a particular benchmark. An R-squared of 100 indicates fund movements that are perfectly correlated to those of the benchmark. In order to compare funds across general asset classes, Morningstar calculates R-squared values relative to a "standard" broad-based market index. For example, the R-squared of both a small cap, domestic equity fund and a domestic technology fund would be determined against the S&P 500 Index. Thus, the "standard" broad-based market index used by Morningstar may differ from the fund's actual benchmark stated in this factsheet. Source: Morningstar
- Beta is a measure of the systematic risk of a stock or a portfolio and is an indicator of expected return. A beta higher than 1.0 has higher risk than the overall market has and thus the stock or portfolio can be expected to perform in relation to the overall market in that way.
- A statistical measurement of dispersion around an average which depicts how widely fund returns varied over a certain period of time. Source: Morningstar